Job Vacancy: IT Support Analyst
Who we are:
Distinctive Systems has been established for almost 40 years and is the world’s leading supplier of management software for coach, bus and tour operators. From our head office in the UK and national offices in the USA and Australia, we support our clients in the daily use of over 2,585 of our latest Microsoft SQL Server based systems.
Due to the continued rapid expansion of our business, we have a vacancy for an IT Support Analyst to join our award-winning team at our head office in York.
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and professional individual in the York area as the successful candidate will receive training and exposure to a wide variety of IT systems and software as well as work closely with our senior technical staff on installations and projects. They will be responsible for providing a high level of support to end users on the day-to-day use of our products and be expected to keep users informed about the progress of any outstanding issues, test new enhancements to our software and liaise directly with the development team to resolve issues where necessary.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate experience of installing and maintaining Microsoft Windows based operating systems as well as display a good understanding for configuring and supporting hardware peripherals such as switches, modems, routers, firewalls and printers.
Previous experience of Microsoft Azure, Exchange, Internet Information Services (IIS), SQL Server, Active Directory, DNS configuration, VPNs and virtual environments would be advantageous but not essential.
We pride ourselves on delivering first-class support and going the extra mile. The successful candidate will be given all the necessary training in our software solutions to ensure they are best placed to offer this high-quality service and support to our clients.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Installing and maintaining Microsoft Windows Client and Server operating systems
- Good working knowledge of LAN/WAN, TCP/IP networks, Internet access and industry standard security practices
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, backed by a clear, analytical approach to problem solving
- Self-motivated and capable of using own initiative to organise and prioritise tasks efficiently
- Flexible approach and willingness to learn and undertake a variety of tasks
- Excellent communication skills
- Commitment to delivering an exceptional service
- 2 years industry experience
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Private health care scheme
- 9% employer contribution pension scheme with optional employee contribution
- 25 days holiday per year, increased with service, plus all bank holidays
How to Apply:
To apply please send a covering email and full CV to firstname.lastname@example.org